Targeted advertising really qualitatively segments the Internet audience on various grounds:
1. Geographical. The display of advertisements in certain regions, countries, and cities is configured. On the contrary, you can exclude some countries or cities if, in your opinion, there is no CA living in them. Advanced geotargeting allows you to display ads in a specific area of the city or near a specific metro station. The Internet user's place of residence is easily determined using an IP address.
2. Socio-demographic. Segments the audience by gender, age, marital status, education, etc. Such targeting is very relevant when promoting on social networks, because it makes it possible to subtly approach the choice of the target group and, if necessary, promptly change the set parameters. For example, a jewelry store wants to promote a new collection of wedding rings. To do this, it is more expedient to choose the female gender of the audience, age from 18 to 35 years, family status — not married. If this is an online store that delivers, for example, within Moldova, then ads with sparkling diamonds will be seen only by female representatives who meet all the above parameters.
3. Temporary. Allows you to display ads on a specific day of the week and time of day. If the company does not work on weekends, then it does not need to advertise itself on these days. In addition, if you know exactly when your target audience is most often online, you can set up impressions by the hour, for example, from 9.00 to 12.00 or from 18.00 to 21.00.
4. Behavioral. It's no secret that search engines very carefully collect statistics about all the actions of Internet users (visiting websites, viewing and buying goods, queries in the search bar, the subject of YouTube videos that you watch, etc.). What benefits does this give you as an advertiser? The most direct! If you are selling last-minute tours to Egypt, then ads will be shown only to those users who have “Googled” requests on the topic of travel to this country or visited the websites of travel agencies with similar offers. This is an accurate hit on the target audience, taking into account its interests.
5. Thematic. Setting up the display of ads only on those sites and groups where it is appropriate. Agree, it makes no sense to advertise software or tire repair services in groups with topics such as “parenting”, “legal advice, “sewing and cutting”. Targeted advertising is always appropriate and unobtrusive, which is its undeniable advantage.
6. Additional parameters. For some types of business, highly specialized settings such as displaying ad blocks only on Android, Windows OS, iPhone or iPad devices will be useful.